The holidays are over and you have enjoyed them by participating in those special foods, great parties, cookies and eggnog. Perhaps some of your New Year’s resolutions include stopping smoking, monitoring what you are eating, getting some exercise and leading a healthier lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to help fulfill those resolutions:
· Start with small changes – you’ll be amazed at how they can add up to big calorie savings and weight loss.
· Evaluate your eating habits – are you eating late at night, nibbling while cooking or finishing the kids’ meals?
· Always shop with a full belly.
· Eat regular meals – maybe you need six small meals a day instead of three regular meals.
· Start your day with breakfast.
· Eat slowly, chew every bite.
· Get some exercise – walking is the best exercise and you can do it anywhere and it only takes a good pair of sneakers.
· Make time to exercise.
The Martin Memorial Center for Health and Healing offers a unique approach to weight management through its 12-, 26- and 52-week weight management programs. Individual and group programs are offered and include nutrition counseling, support and educational programs, as well as membership in the Martin Memorial Health and Fitness Centers.
A new session of the 12-week group weight management class begins Jan. 14 and ends April 1. For more information, or to register for a class, contact the center at (772) 223-4916.